“We recognise that our business has an important role to play in protecting and enhancing the environment for future generations and to help secure the long-term sustainability of the Events, Food and Beverage Industry”
To this end LiquidChefs is committed to taking the following action:
- To achieve sound environmental practices across our entire operation
- To produce an annual Environmental Plan setting out our Objectives, Targets and planned Actions
- To comply fully with all relevant legislation
- To minimise our waste and reduce our water consumption where possible
- To Reduce, Reuse & Recycle the resources consumed by our business wherever practical
- To invite our customers, suppliers and contractors to participate in our efforts to protect the environment
- To provide all employees with the training and resources required to meet our objectives
- To openly communicate our policies and practices to interested parties
- To monitor and record our environmental impacts on a regular basis and compare our performance with our policies, objectives and targets
Major Targets & Objectives 2020/2021
To reduce our energy consumption as much as possible through conscious use of equipment.
To reduce consumption of water as much as possible through conscious use and encouragement of stirred cocktails over blended or shaken ones.
To reduce the waste we send to landfill completely and engage with recycling, upcycling and composting companies.
To ensure all events are separating waste for recycling onsite and not disposing of leftover fruit, juices, pulp or ice.
To engage with our suppliers to ensure 100% of items purchased is eco-friendly, sourced locally and responsibly.
To increase usage of recycled paper products to 100% of all paper/cardboard purchased.
Community Social Responsibility
To engage with local charities on a regular basis, donate items that can be donated as well as do quarterly initiatives for holidays.
To engage in a local “Clean Up” at least twice a year in conjunction with the Mill Hill Park Acton.
To communicate monthly our performance & achievements through our social media pages.
Our Short Term Goals
Go Single Use Plastic Free by the end of 2020
Go Paperless on events
Complete Monthly Carbon Offsetting for our vehicles and non-renewable energy used.
Use only plastics that can go from “Plastic to Plastic”
Grow all our own herbs by end 2021
Use only local, fair-trade suppliers